Heyyy, I’m Sabrina! (she/her)
I am a wedding and elopement photographer based in West Michigan and Central Ohio.
My photography journey didn't start like most. I've always loved taking photos but never thought of it as a possible career path until about 3 years ago. My original plan going into college was to become a pediatric cardiothoracic surgeon (crazy, I know). Long story short, that wasn't working for me. I had already been working in the healthcare field for a few years and was starting to realize that I didn't want to work my life away in such a demanding field. I love caring for people, but I also want to enjoy my life. I want to work to live, not live to work. I was introduced to weddings in 2017 and shot my first wedding in July of 2019 in the mountains of Colorado. I fell in love with it from then on. I dropped out of college later that year and poured everything I could into this business. I worked in healthcare for 7 years before quitting to go full-time with photography, and that was the best decision I've ever made.
Some facts about me
- I am a dog mom to a beautiful little Siberian Husky named Aspen. She is super small for a husky, only about 38lbs. She is super goofy and loves to talk. If I could, I would bring her everywhere with me.
- I am vegan. I went vegetarian for sustainability and health reasons and then went vegan shortly after for the animals. Don't worry, I'm not "one of those crazy vegans" 🙄. Don't come at me.
- If you couldn't tell, I'm very passionate about sustainability. I live a low-waste lifestyle and have plans to start a regenerative agriculture farm with my partner.
- I am in a long-distance relationship. I live in Muskegon, MI, and he lives in Dayton, OH. I drive down there once or twice a month to visit him and his family.
- I looooove tattoos. I have a full sleeve and I'm currently planning out my other one.
- I am a bit of a nerd. I love online gaming in my free time. Fun fact: that's how my partner and I met. A lot of my best friends are spread out around the world, which is crazy. I also love to go to renaissance festivals.
- I'm a huge fan of music and I'll listen to anything besides country (sorry to all my country peeps). I love emo/punk/metal but also indiecoustica. My favorite artists are Daphne Loves Derby, Polyphia, and nothing,nowhere.
- I'm also a huge Harry Potter fan. Where are all my fellow hufflepuffs?! 😊
I hate that I even have to write this out. I WILL NOT tolerate any sort of racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, fatphobia, or anything else along those lines. It's unacceptable. I believe that Black Lives Matter, I stand with everyone in the LGBTQIA+ community, I believe every body is a beautiful body, and I believe in "my body, my choice". Lastly, I believe that kindness is everything. There is so much hate in this world and I will not stand for any of that in this space. There will be no hate speech here. If you have any issues with that, you are welcome to leave at any time.